Re: [ptp-dev] Service Configuration preference page and project properties page questions

Greg
This seems to be related to service configurations being used by projects. I did the following
Create 2 service configurations thru the service configuration preference page
Open the service configurations property page for a project and add both service configuratins to the project

If I don't add the service configurations to any projects I can delete them without problems.

There's a call in the ServiceConfigurationManager.remove method at line 409 that is making a check for active configuration, which is being flagged in the traceback.

I made the changes to defer the delete of service configurations until Ok/Apply is pressed and committed those changes.
Dave

Re: [ptp-dev] Service Configuration preference page        and        project        properties page questions

Greg Watson to: Parallel Tools Platform general developers
08/11/2009 03:04 PM

Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Please respond to Parallel Tools Platform general developers

Dave,

On Aug 11, 2009, at 2:06 PM, Dave Wootton wrote:

> Greg
> Is the fix for the ProjectNotConfiguredException in CVS now? I
> replaced
> all of org.eclipse.ptp.services.core with latest head just after the
> call
> ended and I'm still getting the same exception, although not for all
> service configurations I delete. If I successfully delete the service
> configuration, it is now permanently gone from the list though.

I can't see any obvious reason why that exception is being raised when
you remove a configuration. Do you know how to repeat it?

> Also, should I defer the delete for service configuration in the
> properties page until apply/OK is clicked?

Yes. You should probably also defer adds/changes also.

Greg