[ptp-dev] PE proxy ServiceProvider changes

Greg
I'm working on additional changes to the PE and LoadLeveler proxies for
service configurations and have more questions

I have a ResourceManagerServiceProvider class that extends the
ServiceProvider class and now implements the
IResourceManagerConfiguration interface.

The IResourceManagerConfiguration.getType() method as implemented in
AbstractResourceManagerConfiguration gets the type by calling the
getName() method in the corresponding AbstractResourceManagerFactory
class. It seems that I need to do something similar in the
ResourceManagerServiceProvider class. Should I add a new constructor to
that class that has the AbstractResourceManagerFactory object as a
parameter so that I have access to the factory class?

I was thinking that I had to modify the implementation of the
AbstractResourceManagerFactory.createConfiguration() method to create and
return an instance of the ResourceManagerServiceProvider class, and that
meant that I had to move the PEServiceProvider class implementatoion to
org.eclipse.ptp.rm.ibm.pe.core.rmsystem since it did not seem right to
require the org.eclipse.ptp.rm.ibm.pe.core plugin to depend on the
org.eclipse.ptp.rm.ibm.pe.ui plugin.

THen it occurred to me that all I needed to do was add the additional
constructor to the ResourceManagerServiceProvider class and classes that
extend it, and everything else would work out since the
ResourceManagerServiceProvider class implements the
IResourceManagerConfiguration interface used elsewhere?

Also, where do these objects get created? Is the factory class
createConfiguration method invodked from soemwhere as an add/create
service provide option somewhere in the service configuration setup
wizard?
Dave

Back to the top