Re: [ptp-dev] Questions about service contributor wizard pages

Hi Dave,

I added some docs to wiki.eclipse.org on the services framework that might be useful.

See answers below.

On Jun 26, 2009, at 1:00 PM, Dave Wootton <dwootton@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Greg
I'm trying to understand the structure of the services model and how I
want to approach adding the wizard pages for the resource managers. It
looks to me lika at the moment the configuration process is invoked from the Services->Launch Wizard menu selection on the Eclipse main menu where
I end up on a HPC project configuration dialog page. That page has a
configure button which I think is supposed to lauch the wizard pages for the service provider selected from the drop down and that configure button
is enabled only if the code finds the correct instance of a class
implementing IServiceProviderContributor.

That menu is added by the services.test plugin to make it easier to test your wizard, but yes.

That IServiceProviderContributor is responsible for obtaining the set of
wizard pages for that service provider, and I need to implement an
instance of that class for each of the resource managers.

Correct.

So I think I understand how the appropriate wizard gets invoked and gets
the set of wizard pages.

I'm looking at the
AbstractRemoteProxyResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage class, which you suggested I modify to extend the ServiceProviderConfigurationWizardPage class, and which gets me the default wizard page that I use in configuring
the PE and LoadLeveler proxies.

The initContents() method of that class currently gets an
AbstractRemoteResourcemanagerConfiguration object  which I understand
currently holds the attributes (host, path, etc) for the resource manager.
I think that I now want to obtain an instance of the IServiceProvider,
where I further think I want to extend the ServiceProvider class as a
class (or set of classes) which hold the resource manager attributes that
I need to save.
The current initContents() method gets the config information from the
wizard by calling getConfigurationWizard().getConfiguration(), so I think that I need to provide a method in ServiceProviderContributionWizardPage that obtains the instance of the ServiceProviderConfigurationWizard for
the service provider, and that the ServiceProviderConfigurationWizard
needs to implement a getConfigurationWizard() method that returns the
IServiceProvider object for the service provider?

Am I on the right track with this? Has my thinking gone completely off the
tracks and I've gotten lost somewhere?

Thanks

Dave