[ptp-dev] Joining tomorrows PTP status call

Hello,

This is Alan Humphrey from the School of Computing at the University of Utah. I wasn't able to join last month's PTP status call, but did send an email briefly describing part of what our research group is doing this summer. We've completed the initial phase of an Eclipse plug-in for our group's dynamic verification tool,
In-situ Partial Order (ISP), a formal verification tool for MPI programs. This plug-in incorporates all of ISP's existing functionality. We gave a demo to Beth Tibbitts last week and have made some changes based on her recommendations. Thanks again for your time and input Beth!

[ To recap a bit about ISP :
The current release of ISP is for MPICH2, but has been successfully tested with OpenMPI and MSMPI. ISP works by “hijacking” the MPI scheduler, using the PMPI mechanism and then running all *relevant* interleavings of various possible MPI process schedules.
End of Recap. ]

I would like to join in tommorow's PTP status call (11:00am MT == 1:00pm ET) and perhaps ask a few questions to direct our efforts in the next phase, which will be to study the Debug API and tie into the PTP parallel debugger. The combination of these features, we hope, should be a useful combined informal and formal
verification tool and a solid contribution to the Eclipse PTP.

We look forward to being in touch.
All your suggestions would meanwhile be gratefully accepted.

Alan Humphrey
University of Utah
School of Computing
http://www.cs.utah.edu/formal_verification