Re: [ptp-dev] Question about PTP remote setup

Both RSE and remote tools should work. Have you tried to create an ssh connection using the RSE user interface? If this is failing, then it sounds like there might be a problem with your RSE installation. If you are able to create an RSE ssh connection and it's still not working with PTP, then please open a bug.

Is it possible your proxy requires a shared library that is not available, or your path is incorrect?. Are you able to start the proxy using the command line ssh (e.g. ssh remote_host /path/to/proxy)? It's very difficult to catch exec failures from Java, so that is probably why you're not seeing any error message.

Greg