Re: [ptp-dev] Changes to PE Proxy configure.in

Hi Dave,

In the case of ORTE and LL (and MPICH2, LSF, etc.), there are headers/ libraries that must be present for the proxy to be built, so the proxies are not built or installed on systems that do not support them. PE would be the exception to this.

I guess I'd prefer to have a consistent policy for this, not have some RM's installed and others not installed. Do you see a benefit in having the proxy built on a machine that doesn't have PE installed?

If PE is going to be built on all platforms, then there are three cases that need to be addressed:

1. The poe commend is installed in a non-standard location. Not sure if this is possible, but the proxy should still work if this is the case.

2. PE is not installed. If the proxy is built, then it should at least provide some indication that commands can't be submitted (e.g. the default queue should be in the STOPPED state).

3. Supports all PTP platforms. This is why I added the check in the first place, as the proxy does not build on Mac OS X.

Greg