Re: [ptp-dev] Message 'No resource manages available' in run dialog

On Nov 30, 2007, at 10:15 AM, Dave Wootton wrote:

I have a number of resource managers defined, one local PE, one remote PE and a third, remote PT/LoadLeveler. If I start only the local PE resource
manager, then I get a message when I open the run dialog 'No resource
managers available' and I can't pick my local resource manager from the
dropdown list even though it is in the list. If I start either remote
resource manager as well, then I don't get the message, and I can pick the
local resource manager.

Just to clarify, if there is one resource manager in the list then you can't select it, but if there is more than one you can? When you say you can't pick it, what do you mean? I was seeing a problem where the resource manager dropdown would be populated with items, but the currently selected item would be blank. Selecting an item in the dropdown list would not change the currently selected item (it would stay blank). I think this was a bug in the MacOSX widget though, as it has gone away in Leopard.

A second problem I have that I think is related is that once I get the no
resource managers message, if I switch between different launch
configurations, I sometimes get a message 'Invalid queue' and I can't use
that launch configuration any more. If I find the file containing the
launch configuration in the
.metadata/.plugins/org.eclipse.debug.core/.launches directory, then I see
that the setting for queue name has been set to an empty string.

Is anyone else seeing this?
Dave