Re: [ptp-dev] debug output question

A few more questions on your previous email: he DoOOBStreamCallbacks() eventually boils down to:

if (sess-> target_callback != NULL)
	sess -> target_callback(str);

Here, suppose str is the output I read from pseduo tty. Two questions:

(1) I don't see where an MIEvent was generated because of this callback - should it? (2) if there is a MIEvent generated somewhere along the line, and pass in AsyncCallback(), it is not clear which event type I should check for this purpose: MIEventTypeBreakpointHit, WatchPoint, SteppingRange ...

Thanks

Feiyi

f) For the moment, I suggest modifying AsyncCallback in gdbmi_backend.c to check for this event and just print the output to stdout (see AsyncStop for an example of how to check the event type). This *should* get picked up by ORTE and forwarded back to Eclipse. We can work out how to do it properly later.

Note: there are at least two ways to create psuedo terminals. The BSD way and the SYSV way. I think Linux supports both. See the wikipedia entry for a description. I should also be able to dig up some sample code if you'd like.

2) No. You can attach gdb to the running process, but it's tricky to know which one. I usually just run the whole SDM on my local machine and observe stdout.

Let me know if you need more info.

Greg