Re: [ptp-dev] Questions about remote support

On Oct 2, 2007, at 12:41 PM, Dave Wootton wrote:

Greg
I had org.eclipse.ptp.remote.rse in my workspace as a closed project
because I was getting compile errors and did not need it earlier. I opened
the project and am still gettng compile errors even after completely
replacing with the latest version from HEAD. (can't copy/paste messages)
1) IRSESystemType.SYSTEMTYPE_SSH_ONLY_ID cannot be resolved
2) method connect(boolean) in type ISubSystem not applicable for arguments
(NullProgressMonitor, boolean)
3) method getTheCoreRegistry undefined for type RSECorePlugin
4) method isRestoreComplete() undefined for type IRSEPersistenceManager 5) method launchShell(IProgressMonitor, String, String) in IShellService
not compatible with args String, String[], NullProgressMonitor
6) method restrictSystemTypes(String[]) in type SystemNewConnectionAction
not applicable for args IRSESystemType[])

Do I maybe have an out of date set of RSE plugins? I downloaded the ones I had a couple months ago. It looks like I have version 1.0.1.* where * is a date in Nov/Dec 2006. If I run the update manager in Eclipse, it doesn't
seem to be finding anything newer.

You probably need to check out the RSE plugins from CVS HEAD. I think I'm working against the 2.0 version of RSE. See this page for details:

http://www.eclipse.org/dsdp/tm/development/cvs_setup.php

I think I just used rse-anonymous.psf.

I need remote equivalents to FileDialog and DirectoryDialog, since the way my parallel tab is set up, I provide a browse button to allow the user to
navigate to the desired file or directory.
Dave

The local and remote versions are equivalent to FileDialog. How about I add browseRemoteDirectory()?

Greg

Back to the top