[ptp-dev] Clarification of remote system model in PTP

Rolf and I were discussing the generation of the LoadLeveler job
submission file as part of our PTP LoadLeveler implementation. The file
needs to be accessible by the node where our proxy runs, so that the proxy
can read it and submit it to LoadLeveler.

Is the intent of the remote system model in PTP such that the front end
code will have full sequential read/write access thru RSE to the files
residing on the node where the proxy is running? If so, then my
understanding is that we would, by use of the appropriate Java classes,
have the PTP front end retrieve the required LoadLeveler attributes and
generate the LoadLeveler submission file directly. The run command created
by the front end would specify the path of this file to thye proxy. If the
front end doesn't have full read/write access, then we would have to pass
the set of attributes to the proxy as parameters on the run command and
have the proxy generate the LoadLeveler submission file.
Dave

Back to the top