Re: [ptp-dev] Problems after update to latest head

Greg
I created a new workspace, opened the PTP runtime perspective and tried to
add a new resource manager, all after commenting out the check for null I
mentioned as a way I got around this. I still get the null pointer
exception and odd behavior for the dropdown.

I also updated everything from head again, to pick up your changes for
preferences and am now getting unresolved references to
IAttributeDefinition.getDisplay() in PEElementPropertySource
IPNode.getDisplayAttributes() in ParallelMachinesView

Dave

Greg Watson <g.watson@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: ptp-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
07/30/2007 11:07 AM
Please respond to

cc

Subject

On Jul 30, 2007, at 9:58 AM, Dave Wootton wrote:

> Greg
> I think the problem is gthat the error log has a message 'Could not
> find
> remote services ID' issued from AbstractRemoteProxyRuntimeClient (line
> 71). I tried to track this back a bit, and I think this is because I
> didn't fill in the resource manager wizard properly, but there
> seems to be
> problems with that as well.
>
> When I go thru the add resource manager wizard, the second panel
> shows me
> a dropdown for Remote service provider which has 'Local' as the only
> possible choice, and a Proxy server location dropdown which is
> blank. If I
> click that dropdown, it redraws as a dropdown with a horizontal bar
> thru
> it and I can't select anything from it. If I click the 'New' button
> next
> to it, I get a null pointer exception at
> AbstractRemoteResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage.handleNewRemoteCo
> nnectionSelected
> (line 285) because remoteServicesID is blank. It appears that the
> only way
> that gets set is by invoking updateConnectionPulldown. I set a
> breakpoint
> on that method and it gets called when the New button is clicked.
> It looks
> like the only ways updateConnectionPulldown is called are thru a
> ModifyEvent  on the remoteCombo widget and by a SelectionEvent on
> the New
> button.

I'm not sure why this is happening. You should always have 'Local' as
a choice for remote service provider, and when this is selected,
'Local' as a choice for location. Can you try creating a new
workspace to see if it fixes the problem. I could add a check for
NPE, but it's an error that shouldn't happen.

> Do I need to set up some sort of remote services before I try to
> create a
> resource manager? If so, where do I do that?
>
> Also, I updated from head again this morning, and am not able to
> find the
> abstract class to fix my preferences page problem.

I only just checked that in. Try again now.

My internet connectivity has been sporadic during the move...

Greg