Re: [ptp-dev] Problems after update to latest head

On Jul 30, 2007, at 9:58 AM, Dave Wootton wrote:

Greg
I think the problem is gthat the error log has a message 'Could not find
remote services ID' issued from AbstractRemoteProxyRuntimeClient (line
71). I tried to track this back a bit, and I think this is because I
didn't fill in the resource manager wizard properly, but there seems to be
problems with that as well.

When I go thru the add resource manager wizard, the second panel shows me
a dropdown for Remote service provider which has 'Local' as the only
possible choice, and a Proxy server location dropdown which is blank. If I click that dropdown, it redraws as a dropdown with a horizontal bar thru it and I can't select anything from it. If I click the 'New' button next
to it, I get a null pointer exception at
AbstractRemoteResourceManagerConfigurationWizardPage.handleNewRemoteCo nnectionSelected (line 285) because remoteServicesID is blank. It appears that the only way that gets set is by invoking updateConnectionPulldown. I set a breakpoint on that method and it gets called when the New button is clicked. It looks
like the only ways updateConnectionPulldown is called are thru a
ModifyEvent on the remoteCombo widget and by a SelectionEvent on the New
button.

I'm not sure why this is happening. You should always have 'Local' as a choice for remote service provider, and when this is selected, 'Local' as a choice for location. Can you try creating a new workspace to see if it fixes the problem. I could add a check for NPE, but it's an error that shouldn't happen.

Do I need to set up some sort of remote services before I try to create a
resource manager? If so, where do I do that?

Also, I updated from head again this morning, and am not able to find the
abstract class to fix my preferences page problem.

I only just checked that in. Try again now.

My internet connectivity has been sporadic during the move...

Greg

Back to the top