[ptp-dev] Changes to HEAD

Here's what I've just committed to HEAD. I think things will be fairly stable for a while now, so please update to the latest version.

1. Merged Randy's changes.

2. (Re-)added the error event. As mentioned before, this event is used when something goes wrong in response to a proxy command. The event is matched with the transaction ID of the command and converted to a high level event (e.g. IRuntimeSubmitJobErrorEvent, etc.) in the runtime system.

3. Added events to remove model elements, plus an event to remove all elements. I'm not sure if the latter is needed, as the default behavior of START_EVENTS could be to re-generate the model, but we'll see how it goes.

4. Improved handling of problems with the proxy client state machine. Hopefully this will avoid deadlocks if something goes wrong while the system is starting, or while job submissions are pending.

5. Utility functions are now available for constructing events on the proxy server side (C). There are now functions to create each type of event, and I've moved the ORTE proxy over to using this new code. This should make it easier for other C servers to generate (correctly formatted) events. Note that not all the functionality of each event type is utilized, but it's a good start.

Enjoy.

Greg

Back to the top