Re: [ptp-dev] A couple PTP questions

I haven't looked at that API specifically (shot in the dark here) but
perhaps canSave() might mean all pages of a wizard/launch/multi-page thing
are ok to save,
and isValid() might mean the current page only?
I know the PTP preferences pages used to get stuck if you got in an invalid
state and it wouldn't let you leave until you gave it something "valid" but
there wasn't anything valid to give it.
Or something like that.

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
High Productivity Tools / Parallel Tools  http://eclipse.org/ptp
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511

             "Randy M.
             Roberts"
             <rsqrd@xxxxxxxx>                                           To
             Sent by:                  ptp-dev <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
             ptp-dev-bounces@e                                          cc
             clipse.org
                                                                   Subject
                                       Re: [ptp-dev] A couple PTP
             05/29/2007 12:08          questions
             PM

             Please respond to
              Parallel Tools
             Platform general
                developers
             <ptp-dev@eclipse.
                   org>

Dave,

The createControl() being called three times is on my end.
It may be unavoidable, but I'll look into it.

About canSave vs. isValid, I just wanted you to be aware.
It is not very clear in the articles and documentation about
how they would differ in their implementations.

Regards,
Randy