[ptp-dev] Changes to the RM configuration system

As per the phone conference call today, Tuesday, May 8th,
I am describing the changes to the RM configuration system.
(The changes to the dynamic tab were reconsidered and will
not be committed to HEAD.)

A new abstract class,
org.eclipse.ptp.rmsystem.AbstractResourceManagerConfiguration.java,
has been made the base class for the specific RM configuration classes
such as,
org.eclipse.ptp.orte.core.rmsystem.ORTEResourceManagerConfiguration.java.

The constructors, the static load method, and the save methods have
been modified to allow the base class to save and load information
common to all RM configurations.

You should modify your static load method to invoke the
	static CommonConfig loadCommon(factory, memento)
method (from AbstractResourceManagerConfiguration) before
any other operations on the memento, and remove from it any

You should change your
   public void save(IMemento memento)
method to
   protected void doSave(IMemento memento)
and remove from it any saving of the
resource manager id, the name, or the description.

I will be back on Wednesday, May 16th to answer any
questions.

Regards,
Randy
--
Randy M. Roberts
rsqrd@xxxxxxxx

safety deserve neither liberty nor safety."  -- Benjamin Franklin

Back to the top