[ptp-dev] PTP views, observations & questions

Observations:
1. could we put the Legend action ("Show Status icons of node and
process"), which puts up a (modal) dialog with all the icons and their
meanings,  on the debug perspective too? I find myself referring it to a
lot while i am learning what all the icons mean.
 Could we provide the option of "gluing down" the legends icons display
somehow, say in a view? so i can leave it up for referring to, until i
learn them by heart. :-)
      perhaps the "PTP training wheels" mode.   Or, make the dialog
non-modal, and i can keep it around, but less elegant.

2.  OK before I found the "jobs" or "job process" view that shows the
output of a particular process? Now I can't find it.
      I want to see output from stepping in one process set somewhere, and
can't seem to find how to do it.
      Maybe if I would go back and read the help I wrote...

3. There are two views that i keep getting confused.  "Jobs" View, and
"Parallel Debug" view.
I think they are the same? Did one come from PTP runtime, and another from
PTP debug?

4. OK, i see a new breakpoint icon. a yellow one.
      Green: breakpoint set on current process set
      Blue: breakpoint set on other process set
      Yellow: ?? breakpoint set on other process set - that isn't the root
process set??   Interesting.  and sounds useful.

I'm sure I will have more. :-)

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511

Back to the top