Re: [ptp-dev] InvocationTargetException - stack trace

Clement,
On first glance it looks worse.
If I launch a new debug session w/o cleaning up old one (via
cleanupOmpi.sh)
It just hangs, with Dialog say8ing "Launching MyHello.   And below the
stuck progress bar, it says "Starting OMPI proxy runtime..."
I had to kill the runtime workbench via the development workbench to exit.

This was from my (first PTP install) on my desktop machine.  Then I did
this:
run cleanupOmpi.sh
relaunch PTP
relaunch PTP debug of my parallel app
It just stopped. didn't seem to be running anything.
relauch PTP debug of my parallel app again.
I can debug OK.   Stops at main, and i can step all.

On second glance it looks worse
Kill PTP (close Eclipse window)
relaunch PTP
DID NOT run cleanupOmpi.sh
relaunch PTP debug of MyHello
I can debug OK.  (Strange, did not need cleanup this time)

Could be my confusion driving the thing...

...Beth

Beth Tibbitts  (859) 243-4981  (TL 545-4981)
IBM T.J.Watson Research Center
Mailing Address:  IBM Corp., 455 Park Place, Lexington, KY 40511

|---------+-------------------------------->
|         |           Clement Chu          |
|         |           <clement.chu@xxxxxxxx|
|         |           ash.edu.au>          |
|         |           Sent by:             |
|         |           ptp-dev-bounces@eclip|
|         |           se.org               |
|         |                                |
|         |                                |
|         |           02/02/2006 10:48 PM  |
|         |           Please respond to    |
|         |           Parallel Tools       |
|         |           Platform general     |
|         |           developers           |
|---------+-------------------------------->
  >-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
  |                                                                                                                       |
  |       To:       Parallel Tools Platform general developers <ptp-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>                                      |
  |       cc:                                                                                                             |
  |       Subject:  Re: [ptp-dev] InvocationTargetException - stack trace                                                 |

Thanks Beth.  From your debug message, I know there is null pointer
exception error.  I have fixed it.  Please check out the latest
version.  Let me know if you got any error, please.

Regards,
Clement

Back to the top