Re: [ptp-dev] Cannot run after updated the ptp.core

OK I think I'm done with what I wanted to do with the simulator (from the runtime system's perspective) - at least for now.

You can set the number of machines and the number of nodes for each machine using the simulator's preferences page. When you exit that page ('OK' or 'Apply') it causes the ModelManager to reload the changes. In this case, it creates the new machines (or destroys the old ones) and the subsequent nodes for each machine. It then sends an event out to all parties that are listening to let them know of the change.

The effect is that you can have the preferences page up, say that Machine 1 has 512 nodes, click Apply and in the MachineView in the background you'll see it reload with 512 nodes.

I'm going to go back to working on the OMPI stuff now. If you see a bug, let me know.

-- Nathan
Correspondence
Nathan DeBardeleben, Ph.D.
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Parallel Tools Team
High Performance Computing Environments
phone: 505-667-3428
email: ndebard@xxxxxxxx

Nathan DeBardeleben wrote:

Oops.  Fixed.
One more change coming in a few minutes but I wanted to get you up and running.

-- Nathan
Correspondence
Nathan DeBardeleben, Ph.D.
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Parallel Tools Team
High Performance Computing Environments
phone: 505-667-3428
email: ndebard@xxxxxxxx

Clement Chu wrote:

Hi Nathan,

I cannot run again after updated the ptp.core from cvs. The error message is "No Exiting / invalid number of machines to simulate detected. Default number of machines set to 1. Set using the PTP preferences -> simulation page". Any idea. Thanks.

Regards,
Clement