[ptp-dev] ANNOUCEMENT: RxEclipse and RxJmon - Example RxWebServices applications for Rocks

Dear ALL

Scalable Systems is please to annouce two major example demo applications of Rocks Web Services. Please download from www.scalablesystems.com

RxJmon and RxEclipse are implementation of RxWebServices usage to submit and monitor jobs on a Rocks cluster running SGE53.

RxJmon and RxEclipse are to be run on client workstations (Windows PCs or Linux PCs etc), and cluster users can make use of these job submission clients to submit and monitor jobs on a Rocks cluster which has the Rocks Web Services installed.

RxJmon
======
This is based on the Java implementation of the RxWebServices-client APIs, this graphical user interface is a simple demonstration of how The RxWebServices-client APIs can be used to build real applications.

Although usable on its own, the RxJmon is not a full blown application demonstrating all the functionalites exposed by RxWebServices.

RxEclipse
=========
RxEclipse is insipred by the Eclipse PTP project to create an integrated parallel tools platform. Built on top of the Eclipse platform, it offers similar functionality as the RxJmon but with differences in presentation.

RxEclipse is available both as a standalone application built on the Eclipse Rich Client Platform (RCP) and as a set of Eclipse plugins.

Further integration with the PTP project is expected for RxEclipse. We welcome contributions to RxEclipse to enhance its features and especially with a view to integrate it into the PTP project.

Notes
=====
1. A simple help manual is available after starting the applications.

2. For end users who wish to use the both tools for day to day use, RxEclipse is recommended.

3. If you are looking for an example on how to build GUI Java applications based on the RxWebServices client APIs, you can use the RxJmon as a reference.

4. RxJmon and RxEclipse are released under the GPL License.

5. RxJmon and RxEclipse works only with SGE53 deployed with RxWebServices in the Scalable Roll. An update to SGE6 is in progress and will be available shortly.

Cheers!
laurence

--
S C A L A B L E   R O C K S   E N T E R P R I S E   E D I T I O N
- Commercially supported, web-based Rocks HPC solution

Laurence Liew, CTO		Email: laurence@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Scalable Systems Pte Ltd	Web  : http://www.scalablesystems.com
(Reg. No: 200310328D)
7 Bedok South Road		Tel  : 65 6827 3953