Re: [ptp-dev] FYI

Feel free to commit anything - I'll resolve problems that arise with my code/design. I had some code a while back where the simulated processes emitted outputs but I did it using a Thread. The Thread would have them spit out random text at random intervals. I took that out in a recent rewrite to remove all the Threading from the simulation. If you want to add it back in feel free. We might want to make it an option or something - perhaps a SimulationControlManager.setRandomOutput(true/false)? shrug, something like that.

The example code was in there 2 weeks ago in SimuationRuntimeSystem (before I broke them apart into Control and Monitoring).

-- Nathan
Correspondence
Nathan DeBardeleben, Ph.D.
Los Alamos National Laboratory
Parallel Tools Team
High Performance Computing Environments
phone: 505-667-3428
email: ndebard@xxxxxxxx

Donny Kurniawan wrote:

Hi All,

Have integrated the model into the debug session code, now it has PJob as one of the arguments.
(PJob from getLaunchManager().getUniverse().getJobs()).

Inside the debug.external, the debug session builds debug-model processes (where one of the
data members is PProcess (from PJob.getProcesses()).

Nathan,

- I did some changes in ptp.launch, do you want me to commit them to CVS?
- Is it possible for the simulated PProcess to emit outputs? (So that I can wrap them inside java.lang.Process and display them in the console window)

Thanks,
Donny