De : kesselhaus
Envoyé : ‎27/‎01/‎2014 04:35
À : polarsys-iwg@xxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : [polarsys-iwg] UML Generators Proposal Question

Hi,

Just registered to this ML, in order to follow your discussions.
There I stumbled on the Archive about this thread.

I just wanted to ask, if you actually plan for:
* the UML Generators to also look into Xtext/Xpand/Xtend?
* Sphinx. http://www.eclipse.org/sphinx/
     used in ARTOP and EATOP already
     Model repository and database persistance support based on CDO and
MFT, which should help to scale for very big models
* ReqIF/ProR - http://www.eclipse.org/rmf/
* Regarding "Scripting"  EASE - http://wiki.eclipse.org/E4/Scripting

The reason I ask (at least for Xtext/Xpand and Sphinx)?
* Several other projects like EATOP and ARTOP are going there
* AFAIK, Papyrus is already using it for their editors.
* I wonder, if Xtext DSLs can be written for each language and maybe
also easier extended, e.g. different compiler addons for embedded compilers.
     I just wanted to remind you for reverse engineering to the
different dialects/extension regarding
         void _interrupt MyISR(void)  vs. interrupt void MyISR() vs.
void MyIsr(void) _interrupt
         int @far / @near myVar;
         int myVar = 0 _at(0x0100);
         _inline vs. _inline_  vs. inline
         AUTOSAR like Compiler/Memory Abstractions

* And last but not least, maybe there is one times a less spread amount
of projects doing the same over and over.
     A lot of subprojects exist now on Eclipse-Foundation, and several
have gone with the wind, but other pop up again.
     I'm personally overwhelmed by all the different kinds of
subprojects and solutions.

Regards, kessel