Re: [polarsys-iwg] Licenses authorized in Polarsys projects

> Maybe we need to be a bit more technical on the contamination side. We
have
> many ways to assemble software from different providers. Either we
directly
> integrate at the source level, or at the virtual machine level, or at the
> middleware level (Corba, OSGI, OSLC, SOAP, ...) or at the operating system
> level (fork/exec).
>
> Do we make any distinction in PolarSys ?

The staff of the Eclipse Foundation can help sort out any specific scenarios
that
need clarification.

As a starting point:

1. If by "directly integrate at the source level" you mean
cutting-and-pasting
   source code between LGPL and EPL files, that would obviously infringe on
both
   license terms. Do not do that. Ever.

2. Generally speaking, using full components/modules which are licensed
    under their respective licenses is fine, even when running on the same
    JVM. A good example is using separate OSGi bundles as separate modules.
    Use the about.html files and the licensing documentation standards
    described in [1] to clearly explain to any consumer or adopter which
    licenses apply to which components.

For any other scenarios, or in any case where you are unsure you can ask
the EMO to help by either sending an email to license@xxxxxxxxxxx or by
opening a CQ in IPzilla.

Hope that helps!

[1] http://www.eclipse.org/legal/guidetolegaldoc.php