[polarsys-iwg] [Maturity] EclipseCon France 2013 talk about Polarsys and Eclipse Quality

Hiho dear colleagues,

For those who missed it, we gave a talk about the Maturity Assessment work and the quality model we discuss:
http://www.eclipsecon.org/france2013/sessions/software-quality-eclipse-way-and-beyond

Slides have also been uploaded on the polarsys website:
https://polarsys.org/wiki/images/3/30/Eclipsecon2013_software_quality_the_eclipse_way_and_beyond.pdf

Feedback was globally positive:
* There were approx. 50 people in the room.
* Many attendees shown a deep interest in quality (quite unusual, isn't it? ;-), and our approach seems to be accepted, as well as the quality concerns and the metrics identified. * The main counterpoint of some people was to not see it in action. I promised them we would have such a demo soon (while crossing fingers backside ;-). * Many people admitted they would love to see it being matured and adopted by Eclipse as well as Polarsys.

This meeting was also the opportunity to talk with members of the Automotive working group. Although both domains are quite different (e.g. they use different standards), there are areas of common interest and we should probably share our thoughts and advances on the topic (i.e. quality). People there proposed Oscar as a link between both working groups.

Oscar, please can you contact me? I do not have your email address (you now have mine). We should together: * Elaborate on safety: what it is, how we may measure it. I've put some thoughts on that matter on the wiki:
https://polarsys.org/wiki/index.php/Talk:MaturityDefinition
* Discuss what are the areas where the Automotive WG and Polarsys WG may work together.

As a conclusion, I would say that the topic we are addressing is considered as being relevant and interesting. We may have a good opportunity to make it more widely accepted and recognised than just in the Polarsys community. Maybe for the upcoming EclipseCon Europe?

--
Boris Baldassari
SQuORING Technologies

Back to the top