De : polarsys-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:polarsys-iwg-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] De la part de maurice.heitz
Envoyé : vendredi 18 mai 2012 18:14
À : polarsys-iwg@xxxxxxxxxxx
Objet : Re: [polarsys-iwg] Start a top level project

Hi all,
I fully agree with Wayne, a top-level Project/page should be urgently created.( i just browsed around polarsys and was quite discouraged[not being logged] wrt the image provided to external public ).
We should at least have a homepage reminding a summary of  polarsys usage :

  • components developped/supported by techo& service-providers can be hosted/long term supported and qualified
  • components hosted can be downloaded and used by end-users/members

The operation of the polarsys infrastructure is supported :

  • by the polarsys organistation for governance & everyday operation
  • by the techno &services providers for qualifying their components( i.e. uploading  them and documenting searchables attributes)

For categories of projects i see thus at last those:

  • Operation tools : supporting the polarsys operation activities among them catalog to hold a list of all tools maintained with searchable attributes such as maturity, certifiability and interoperability qualifiers. such tools will support the operation of polarsys
  • infra or infrastructure tools : as already defined by OPEES, these tools are basic services ontop of eclipse to support transversely  the development tools
  • development tools ( Req capture & analysis, design, verify , code and test)
  • toolchains : support tools for toolchains ( set of integrated components support all or part of the lifecycle. ), e.g. configuration ( and possibly automated generation )