Re: [platform-vcm-dev] Using CVS plug-ins in other plug-ins - everything is internal

Hi Martin,
Just to clarify, these packages are marked as internal but can be accessed
from other plugins. The
marking of them as internal is more a design intention than a runtime
constraint. We don't want to commit
to maintaining binary compatibility between releases. This has allowed us
to implement features in the
CVS plugin that wouldn't of been allowed otherwise.

Many other plugins are using the CVS classes, and luckily they aren't
changing much. You shouldn't
have to extract the classes, just add the dependency to your plugin.xml
file.

Additionally, I would like to understand how you are using the CVS plugin
so that we can understand
if the Team API (e.g. see the bug 37705) would address your needs.

Cheers,
Jean-Michel

Martin Burger <m@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-vcm-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
09/30/2003 02:43 PM
Please respond to
platform-vcm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

platform-vcm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[platform-vcm-dev] Using CVS plug-ins in other plug-ins - everything is
internal

Hello,

I have to use the CVS functionality of Eclipse in a plug-in.

At the moment, all classes in org.eclipse.team.cvs.* are internal, so I
am wondering what is the best way to use this functionality in other
plug-ins. The CVS functionality of Eclipse is great, so I think the
public should be able to use it.

Is there any better way than the workaround of extracting the CVS
classes to new plug-ins? So, one have at least a kind of snapshot of the
CVS stuff. But it's a real hack...

Regards, Martin