Re: [platform-vcm-dev] SFTP Team Plugin announce/help

Kevin,

Many thanks for your reply, sorry I've caught you at a bad time. I decided to jump in at the deep end and look at the Java URL classes and have found a workaround for #1.

I have created a URLHandler and URLConnection class, for the Sftp API I have used, and used the Eclipse urlHandlers extension point to register my Handler for the "sftp" protocol. Then I simply create a default constructer and empty connect() method in my SftpURLConnection class. I am relying on the assumption that the Team plugin does not use the URL object to create a connection, that's how it looks in the FTP plugin anyway. This approach seems to work and I have had no problems during my testing (so far).

WRT to #3 I was really looking for design feedback, so given your workload once I know about license/copyright notices I will put the release the plugin to the Eclipse community (if they're interested!!) and get some feedback from potential users.

Regards,

Joss