Re: [platform-vcm-dev] CVS check out read only

Support for "checkout read-only" and cvs watch/edit has only recently been
added to Eclipse (post-M3 stable build). You choices are to wait until M4
is declared or, if you are daring, you can get the latest integration
build.

Michael

                      Brian Parkinson
                      <parki@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx         To:      "'platform-vcm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx'" <platform-vcm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
                      >                               cc:
                      Sent by:                        Subject: [platform-vcm-dev] CVS check out read only
                      platform-vcm-dev-admin@
                      eclipse.org

                      11/29/2002 09:48 AM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-vcm-dev

Hello:

I searched through the archives, but wasn't sure that I had the whole scoop
on this:

When I check out a project from CVS, the files are *not* read only. I would
like to be able to check out read only (as in the dialog box selection in
WinCVS for example) but I can't seem to find a way to do this. Since
Eclipse doesn't see env variables, I can't set CVSREAD, and so I am
stymied.

Is there a workaround?

This is pretty essential in my group, as we all rely on strict locking.

Cheers and thanks,

parki...

Back to the top