[platform-vcm-dev] Sync View Implementation

All,

Problem with implementation of Sync View:

I am able to get the sync view with all the functionality working for files
in the workspace.

A query to the repository gives me all the files that are in the repository
but not in the workspace. I created remoteSyncElement() with left node
resource = null and right node being the name of the file that need to be
extracted.

A call to getResource().getParents in makeParents method() in
SyncCompareInput class throws a null pointer exception ( This is correct
since getResource() returns null) I can't override this method or the
methods that call this method. prepareInput of SyncCompareInput()
calls doServerDelta() method ( package level ) which in-turn calls
makeParents method (package level). I have to call prepareInput from my
code since the diffRoot in SyncCompareInput is private.

If this is the case, then makeParents() of SyncCompareInput class throws a
null pointer exception when it tries to get the parent from the resource.

I was not able to decipher the entire working of cvs code and hence want to
know how to get away from this problem. (Does CVS create a dummy IResource
objects for resources in CVS but not in workspace.... I can understand that
the Sync framework is internal but how to get the sync elements if the
resource need to be extracted into workspace from repository

Thanks
Balaji

Back to the top