[platform-vcm-dev] IMoveDeleteHooks

We are currently working on a full implementation of the interface.
Completing the implementation of the Move/Delete hooks has been interesting
attempting to get an acceptable user experience.

The moveFile()/deleteFile() methods only give you one file at a time and
does not allow for batch processing.  That means that if the user selects 50
different files, and then moves them to the same location, we would get 50
different moves, each possibly requiring a prompt from our version control
product for decisions on how to handle it in the repository.

Our prompts have "OK to ALL" buttons on them that allow the user to have a
single interaction apply to the entire set of selections (this greatly
reduces the number of dialogs), but we can't use this in this case because
we only get the actions one at a time.  What we need is the ability to hood
in at a point where we are given the entire selection (api doesn't appear to
have this point) or a way to 'simulate' having been called with the entire
selection.  Is there a way to batch them and then process all at once?  I
could not find a gesture such as MovesComplete to capture (listen to).  It
would be no problem caching the first answer, the question would be - how to
know when everything is done to reset the question? Is there a way to gain
access to the selection and then (when we would at least know the first/last
element) execute the repository operation for that set?

How would something like this behave within the scope of Refractoring?  Does
it also construct a Selection object which then gets processed or is it more
of a one-at-a-time processing model?  Can I just get an array of IFiles
(source, dest pairs) instead of them singly?

Thanks,
Adam.

Adam Terrenzio
Software Developer, MKS Inc., www.mks.com