Re: [platform-vcm-dev] CVS repository path doubled

Michael,

Versions:
     Eclipse 2.0.1   on WIndows XP
     JDK  1.3.1_01
     CVS server on Suse Linux 7.3

I did use another CVS tool (WinCVW) on the directory holding the Eclipse project.
Shouldn't I ....

Jos

At 08:58 AM 9/24/2002 -0400, you wrote:

Jos,

We've encountered similar problems in the past. In order to determine if
they are related, could you answer the following questions:

What version/build of Eclipse are you using?

Did you ever use an external cvs tool on a directory that holds an Eclipse
project?

Thanks,
Michael

Jos Warmer <J.Warmer@xxxxxxxxx> To: platform-vcm-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx Sent by: cc: platform-vcm-dev-admin@ Subject: [platform-vcm-dev] CVS repository path doubled eclipse.org

09/24/2002 05:23 AM Please respond to platform-vcm-dev

Hi there,

I have started to use Eclipse several weeks ago on a Java project.
There is a problem with the path to the CVS repository on my project.
The path I have given is   /cvs/repository

During the first weeks this worked well. I could access the repository
and commit changes.  At this moment each repository acces
fails, because the repository path that Eclipse is using is wrong.
instead of using

              /cvs/repository

It now tries to find the repository in:

              /cvs/repository//cvs/repository

All the settings that I can see within eclipse still have /cvs/repository
asd the path.

I have "fixed" the problem by creating a symbolic link from
/cvs/repository/cvs/repository  to /cvs/repository on the CVS server.
Although this works, I'd rather solve the real problem.

Has anyone got the same problems or have any clue where to look
for a solution.

Thanks,

                       Jos Warmer