Re: [platform-vcm-dev] Notification when file added to team project ?

There is no API for adding to source control.  Most repos don't until you
checkin, and we didn't think that having a separate API would work well
for those who didn't support adding to source control without checking in
(at best it would be something the provider would be forced to remember,
artificially).

While that doesn't preclude notification, since adding to source code is
provider specific, presumably you don't need notification since you (the
provider) are the one adding it.

Put another way: only if ITeamProvider had isUnderSourceControl()would it make sense for there to be notification of it.

It might however be reasonable to have isUnderSourceControl() but not have add/remove in the API, but the question becomes whether most
repo clients could answer that.

Kevin

Sent by: platform-vcm-dev-admin@xxxxxxxxxxx
11/23/2001 02:54 PM