RE: [platform-update-dev] Controlling the Eclipseupdatepolicy/Supportfor creating local (proxy) update sites

Thanks Philippe.

-----Original Message-----
From: platform-update-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:platform-update-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Philippe
Ombredanne
Sent: 07 July 2006 19:31
To: 'Eclipse Platform Update component developers list.'
Subject: RE: [platform-update-dev] Controlling the
Eclipseupdatepolicy/Supportfor creating local (proxy) update sites

Miles:
> 1. From the argument list it seems that one can either mirror an
> entire site or a specific version of one specific feature. Is this
> tool smart enough to grab dependent features too (like the IDE update
> manager)?
Dependent features are being pulled too.

> 2. Can one pass a list of features to the tool somehow, or do I need
> to run the tool once for each feature I want to mirror (assuming I do
> not want to mirror everything)?
Its one feature at a time, but you could run the mirror command several
for each feature you want mirrored.
The 'generated' site.xml will be updated as needed each time you run the
command. Quite smart.

> 3. How big is the callisto site (where can I find this information)?
About ~ 260MB

> 4. If I do a selective callisto mirror (not all features) what will
> happen if a user selects a feature I have not mirrored? Will this fail

> because it is not mirrored or will the user's IDE bypass the mirror
> site and go direct to callisto (for example)?
I do not think so..
With selective mirroring, you provide also a selective site.xml which
would not offer the features it cannot provide.

--
Cheers
Philippe

philippe ombredanne | 1 650 799 0949 | pombredanne at nexb.com nexB -