Re: [platform-update-dev] Unable to register site/feature factories

Try using the full id in the site.xml type. That would be your.plugin.id.abc

-Dorian

Pascal Essiembre <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: platform-update-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

11/03/2005 10:52 PM

Please respond to
"Eclipse Platform Update component developers list."

platform-update-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
cc
Subject
[platform-update-dev] Unable to register site/feature factories

Hello,

I am writing a plugin that makes contributions to the update manager.  I
cannot make my plugin extensions work for the following extension points:

   org.eclipse.update.core.siteTypes
   org.eclipse.update.core.featureTypes

I always get this error:

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Unable to find a site factory
for the extension id "abc".

If we take the ISiteFactory as an example, the relevant section of my
plugin.xml looks like this:

  <extension
        id="abc"
        name="ABC Site Type"
        point="org.eclipse.update.core.siteTypes">
       <site-factory
            class="com.whatever.MySiteFactory">
       </site-factory>
  </extension>

In my site.xml, I specify <site type="abc" ...

This does not work.  Any ideas what might be causing this?

I tried many variations without success.  Your help would be greatly
appreciated.

Thank you,

Pascal