Re: [platform-update-dev] eclipse installation site types cleanup

Hello Peter,

>> - a product extension site can be linked with a .link file as before
> Don't like this one as it splits the configuration into two locations the
> links directory and the platform.xml. You are keeping it for backwards
> compatibility and marking it as a decprecated API?

I'm not sure if that's already in the new (I'm still on the 2.1.x)
code, but currently it is possible to add a site on the user side
and at the admin side. It means that even if the user has installed
a new site via update manager (or the '-addsite' patch in the debian
packages) a new 'linked in' site will show up.

I just want to make sure that this is still possible...

From the point of a native packager (deb/rpm), a links file is
easier to maintain than a the post install/post delete call on
package installations/removal. Anyway: If the above is possible, I
don't mind :)

Jan

Back to the top