[platform-update-dev] Install / Update Reconciliation

Hi,

What is the exact mechanism for Reconciliation Install / Update in case of:

   1. Updating existing installed features / plugins
   2. New Available Features / Plugins

How does the logic works ? What are the minimum things needs to be present on both side (Client / Updatesite) to make it work ..?

I have seen some xml files such as V2LocalSite.xml, V2Config*.xml in platform.cfg.metadata folder under workspace....what it means...? Is it caching the update site ? How will it check for the updatesites for new updates / new installs on next startup / schedule ? When I change the UpdateSite URL in features.xml of org.eclipse.platform_3.0.0 to my tomcat server it puts a new entry in install-log file and probably creates one more V2Config*.xml file...

Thanks in advance.
Bhavin Raichura

Download the hottest & happening ringtones here!
OR SMS: Top tone to 7333
Click here now: http://sms.rediff.com/cgi-bin/ringtone/ringhome.pl

Back to the top