Re: [platform-update-dev] Supporting individual user plugins in a common installation of Eclipse 2.1

On Thu, Jun 19, 2003 at 04:32:51PM -0500, Suresh Venkat wrote:

> We have a single instance of eclipse located on /usr/local/eclipse. Every
> user has been setup with their own workspace (~/workspace) which is invoked
> when they start up their instance of eclipse as follows:
>
> eclipse -data ~/workspace
>
> There are a default set of plugins that can be used by every user through
> the /usr/local/eclipse install. We are trying to set it up so that every
> user can setup an external set of plugins that can be used when they start
> up eclipse - in addition to the default set of plugins.
>
> My question is:
> 1. is this feasible ?
> 2. if so - and if it's to be done using the -configuration option, could
> someone respond as to how it can be done.
>
> I did find a platform.cfg located in ~/workspace/.metadata/.config which
> points to the base plugin. I am not sure what modifications I need to make
> to this to achieve the above.
>
> Examples on how to achieve this would be very useful.

Suresh,

See my example at

http://eclipsewiki.swiki.net/2586

for one way of doing this.

This is not quite what I was doing, but it is close enough, so that you
can use the example there as a starting point.

Don

Back to the top