[platform-update-dev] Updating from a CD-ROM

A question for members of the Eclipse-based product teams:

Could you tell us about scenarios you encountered in which you wanted to
ship updates on a CD-ROM (rather than publish on the site).

If we would want to enhance the CD-ROM support in 3.0, what would 'updating
from a CD-ROM' mean in practice? Update Manager does not have an equivalent
of an 'autorun' so we would have to come up with something else.

Perhaps a master index of update sites on the CD-ROM where we would look at
to create our search scope would help? That would be a file that would
simply list relative URLs (i.e. relative to the CD-ROM) of the sites on
that CD-ROM so that we don't need to scan it. This file would be in the
CD-ROM root and would have a well known name, extension and format.

Regards,

Dejan Glozic, Ph.D.
Manager, Eclipse Platform Components
D2/MY7/8200/MKM