[platform-update-dev] (no subject)

Ooops, this must be our bad. These printouts are coming from our install
handler. I guess I need to find out why the install handler is getting
kicked off at the point I'm calling this code....

I didn't  think this was a newsgroup question since it involved API calls,
not strict external usage?

-Andrew

-------------

Andrew,
This sounds like the corect code

ILocalSite : SiteManager.getLocalSite()
IConfiguredSite[] : ILocalSite.getCurrentConfiguration().getConfiuredSites
()
IFeatureReference[] : IConfiguredSite.getSite().getFeatureReferences();

How long does it take ?
What exaclty does it print ?
Shouldn't we move that to the Newsgroup as it is a usage/bug question ?
;-)

|---------+------------------------------------->
|         |           "Andrew Sandstrom"        |
|         |           <Andrew_Sandstrom@xxxxxxx>|
|         |           Sent by:                  |
|         |           platform-update-dev-admin@|
|         |           eclipse.org               |
|         |                                     |
|         |                                     |
|         |           08/08/2002 08:09 PM       |
|         |           Please respond to         |
|         |           platform-update-dev       |
|         |                                     |
|---------+------------------------------------->

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  |  |
  |       To:       platform-update-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx         |
  |       cc:            |
  |       Subject:  [platform-update-dev] Correct way to check if a
feature is installed    |

>----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------->
  >------------------------|
  |                        |
  >------------------------|

Sorry if I'm asking a dumb question, but what is the recommended way of
finding out if a feature is installed? I got the following from somebody,
but when I try this in a runtime workbench in PDE , the getLocalSite()
call
takes forever to run, and just prints a bunch of "unzip complete"
messages.

SiteManager.getLocalSite().getCurrentConfiguration().getConfiguredSites
().getSite().getFeatureReferences()

Thanks
-Andrew