Re: [platform-update-dev] (no subject)

When you roll back a configuration, does the uninstall-handler (if there is
one) get called. As well, will the install-handler from the feature we are
going to be run?

                      klicnik@xxxxxxxxxx
                      Sent by:                           To:      platform-update-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                      platform-update-dev-admin@         cc:
                      eclipse.org                        Subject: Re: [platform-update-dev] (no subject)

                      06/04/2002 04:31 PM
                      Please respond to
                      platform-update-dev

This may not be a popular answer but ....   in 2.0, the "uninstall" actions
will not be exposed in the update manager. We intent to re-enable this
support in a future update of the platform. So, once installed, the feature
stays installed, until it is uninstalled as part of the base product native
uninstall.

                    suyog mody

                    <forsuyog@xxxxxxxxx>              To:
platform-update-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    Sent by:                          cc:

                    platform-update-dev-admin@e       Subject:     Re:
[platform-update-dev] (no subject)
                    clipse.org

                    06/04/2002 04:05 PM

                    Please respond to

                    platform-update-dev

Thanks for the clarifications.
I had another question.
In F2, how would I uninstall a feature. Right now,
when I disable it, it comes with a different icon but
when I select the feature, the only option available
is enable whereas there should be an uninstall option
also.
The old documentation says that only a disabled
(unconfigured) feature can be uninstalled.
So, how would I uninstall a feature??

Thanks,
Suyog Mody
Suyog_Mody@xxxxxxx