Re: [platform-update-dev] XML element order problem

Patrick, we could argue that the parser should not be validating the xml
files based on the specified DTD, but it currently does validate that the
input follows the specified DTD. The DTDs (for feature.xml and site.xml
respectively) include the following definitions

<!ELEMENT feature (install-handler?, description?, copyright?, license?,
url?, includes*, requires?, plugin*, data*)>

<!ELEMENT site (description?, feature*, archive*, category-def*)>

Both imply element ordering (? optional (0 or 1), * optional (0 or more))

                    Patrick_Mueller@xxxxxxx
                    Sent by:                          To:     platform-update-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
                    platform-update-dev-admin@e       cc:
                    clipse.org                        Subject:     [platform-update-dev] XML element order problem

                    05/08/2002 04:48 PM
                    Please respond to
                    platform-update-dev

In my playing with update on M5, I've found that in the feature.xml, the
<data> element needs to be after any <plugin> elements, or else the parser
croaks.

Likewise in site.xml, <category-def> elements had to be at the bottom; not
sure if they had to be after they were referenced in <category> tags, or
had to be after <features>, or what.

Do you know about these anomolies?  Should I bugzilla?

Patrick Mueller
patrick_mueller@xxxxxxx

Back to the top