Re: [platform-ui-dev] Enhanced extensibility for the default text editor in Eclipse

On 06/27/2016 01:40 PM, Dirk Fauth wrote:

>> I don't think one of extensions/DS is much better than the other for those features.

Sure, the question would be whether the extensions could be reused as services in other contexts or if they are only usable in the given context (which might be the case here of course) and whether the text framework should be tightly coupled to Equinox as OSGi framework as only supporter of extension points.

The proposed extension points assume extension provide implementations for usual JFace/Eclipse classes: IContentAssistProposalComputer, ITextHover, IPresentationReconcilier. I don't know how strong is the coupling between those classes and OSGi/Equinox.

--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top