Re: [platform-ui-dev] Forms styling

On 06/23/2016 11:38 AM, Lars Vogel wrote:
I personally prefer the "flat grey" style for forms over our currently
style. See screenshots.
I believe on Windows, the Theme is mostly relying on embossed design to highlight selection or activation of tabs, whereas on Linux, it's mostly flat UI with shade of grey.
The proposal from Frank would look consistent with the default Linux theme, but I'm afraid it wouldn't fit with the current Windows theme.

IMO, the Windows theme should be considered to adopt some "flatter" design like it is on Linux. On Linux, people really enjoyed that change and there wasn't one negative feedback as far as I'm aware.
Then when Windows Theme is flat, we can more easily consider adopting flat forms.

+1 to include the proposal in a general redesign of the Windows Theme.
-0.5 if it's not part of a wider effort to move to flatter UI on Windows.

Cheers,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat