If you want to stay on a specific build, you can pick a release from the installer list. If you want a specific nightly, you can install it manually and should be able to deselect the p2 updator task when launching Oomph. Theb it won't upgrade them.

You can also select a set of user plugins you want in all your installations and Oomph will install them.

I imagine the set of plugins we'll have Oomph install automatically should be the minimal set required to build our code (pretty much the same set installed if you followed the instructions on our wiki). Enough of us don't want Mylin that it should definitely not be part of our Oomph configuration.

On Wed, Mar 9, 2016, 9:07 AM Andrey Loskutov <loskutov@xxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Stefan,

I would be happy to use (and also to support in long term) something Oompf based which would satisfy my requirements:

1) It does not force me to update my current Eclipse SDK version if I want to stay on some specific one.
2) It can update to the *given* version (e.g. specific nightly or integration build) and not only to "latest".
3) It can automatically re-install all the specific plugins I have in the previous installation (I need plugins from Platform UI *and* from (J|E)Git targets, but *not* Mylyn etc).

Kind regards,
Andrey Loskutov

http://google.com/+AndreyLoskutov

Gesendet: Dienstag, 08. März 2016 um 14:02 Uhr
Von: "Stefan Xenos" <sxenos@xxxxxxxxxx>
An: "Eclipse Platform UI component developers list." <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: [platform-ui-dev] Oomph
I'm at EclipseCon right now. I attended the Oomph tutorial yesterday and was completely impressed by Oomph and its capabilities.

It would make contributing to Platform UI much easier and the Oomph developers have already set up a configuration for platform UI.

I would like to propose that we adopt Oomph as the officially-endorsed installer for working on platform UI. In particular:

- That platform UI takes over ownership and maintenance of the platform UI Oomph configuration.

- We change the "contributing to Platform UI" wiki to describe the setup steps for Oomph rather than the steps it has now.

- That platform UI committers start using Oomph for their own local installations. If we're all using it, we'll know when it breaks and have incentive to keep the configuration up-to-date.

I can volunteer to write the updated wiki, so everyone will have clear steps to follow when they get set up.

Thoughts?

  - Stefan
_______________________________________________ platform-ui-dev mailing list platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit https://dev.eclipse.org/mailman/listinfo/platform-ui-dev