[platform-ui-dev] Oomph

I'm at EclipseCon right now. I attended the Oomph tutorial yesterday and was completely impressed by Oomph and its capabilities.

It would make contributing to Platform UI much easier and the Oomph developers have already set up a configuration for platform UI.

I would like to propose that we adopt Oomph as the officially-endorsed installer for working on platform UI. In particular:

- That platform UI takes over ownership and maintenance of the platform UI Oomph configuration.

- We change the "contributing to Platform UI" wiki to describe the setup steps for Oomph rather than the steps it has now.

- That platform UI committers start using Oomph for their own local installations. If we're all using it, we'll know when it breaks and have incentive to keep the configuration up-to-date.

I can volunteer to write the updated wiki, so everyone will have clear steps to follow when they get set up.

Thoughts?

  - Stefan

Back to the top