Re: [platform-ui-dev] Policy of the Platform projects with regards to tests accessing non-public members

On 03/08/2016 09:21 PM, David M Williams wrote:
I'd like to suggest a slightly different approach. Instead of "adjusting the test project" that it might be easier to "add a new test bundle as a fragment".

Perhaps this will not work for what you had in mind? But if so, I am suggesting it since most of our tests fit into the "Test Runner" framework (and ran on different platforms, after the build).
While I am sure the fragment approach could be made to work in that case too, in sounds like a larger change, and a larger amount of work to "confirm all the old stuff is working"  instead of
simply making sure the new stuff is working.

Just a suggestion -- if it makes things easier.
+1 with what David days. It also seems easier to me to *add* a fragment and maybe move some individual tests in it than to refactor everything.
Also, a drawback of fragments, to consider when moving a class to a fragment, is that it becomes impossible for other bundles to reference a fragment via Require-Bundle, but can still use Import-Package (although this require to add an Eclipse-ExtensibleAPI tag in host MANIFEST.MF http://help.eclipse.org/mars/index.jsp?topic=%2Forg.eclipse.platform.doc.isv%2Freference%2Fmisc%2Fbundle_manifest.html )
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer at JBoss, by Red Hat

Back to the top