From: platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Paul Webster
Sent: Tuesday, July 23, 2013 4:29 PM
To: Eclipse Platform UI component developers list.
Subject: Re: [platform-ui-dev] SelectionAggregator and initial selection behavior

On Tue, Jul 23, 2013 at 9:38 AM, Kübler, Jens <Jens.Kuebler@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi

I’m wondering about the selection behavior of eclipse (referring to E4) when you switch active parts.

My understanding is that if you actively select an item I’d expect it to be selected but if I simply change views I’d expect the selection to remain stable

We expect the selection (at the window level) to reflect the selection of the currently active part.  So if you switch to a new part, the selection is updated.  This was designed this way deliberately.

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR