[platform-ui-dev] SelectionAggregator and initial selection behavior

Hi

I’m wondering about the selection behavior of eclipse (referring to E4) when you switch active parts.

My understanding is that if you actively select an item I’d expect it to be selected but if I simply change views I’d expect the selection to remain stable

as I haven’t selected anything new (in terms of an item). This is currently not the case as the selection is set for each part switch.

The SelectionAggregator#track method does a check for the initial selection in its runAndTrack and checks for a null selection.

In order to realize the above behavior one would always return true instead of checking for a null selection.

I’d like to know if this is a design philosophy and if it is if there are chances to make this kind of selection design optional somehow.

Regards

Jens Kübler

Back to the top