From: platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:platform-ui-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Paul Webster
Sent: Friday, October 19, 2012 11:51 AM
To: Eclipse Platform UI component developers list.
Subject: Re: [platform-ui-dev] [platform-up-dev] cannot create dynamic Status bar controls in eclipse 4.2

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 11:45 AM, Lee, Alain <a-lee@xxxxxx> wrote:

In Eclipse 3.8, my code can call toolbar.update().  Then, ToolBarManger will eventually invokes WorkbenchWindowControlContribution. createControl(). At that point, I can create a different set of controls to the toolbar. It does not seems that the <control> tag can provide this capability.

It works the same way, as you're still supplying a WorkbenchWindowControlContribution.

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR