Re: [platform-ui-dev] [platform-up-dev] cannot create dynamic Status bar controls in eclipse 4.2

On Fri, Oct 19, 2012 at 11:18 AM, Lee, Alain <a-lee@xxxxxx> wrote:

Thanks! I have opened a bug for it.  In my case, I need to use the <dynamic> tag because I need to update the toolbar with different controls depending on the state of certain features in our application.

I'm not sure how dynamic helps you there.  It just places your contribution item in a ToolBarManager.  control will do the same thing, plus initialize it properly to boot.

ToolBarManager doesn't implement a dynamic protocol similar to MenuManager.

PW

--
Paul Webster
Hi floor.  Make me a sammich! - GIR