Re: [platform-ui-dev] New maintenance branch coming for 4.1 maintenance

>Branching is a repository-level operation in Git, you cannot just select an arbitrary file or folder and branch it.
I know. I meant merging the 3.7.1 content into the new 4.1.1 branch.

Dani

From: Remy Suen <remysuen@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: "Eclipse Platform UI component developers list." <platform-ui-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 24.08.2011 13:35
Subject: Re: [platform-ui-dev] New maintenance branch coming for        4.1        maintenance

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 2:25 AM, Daniel Megert <daniel_megert@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Note that the current 4.1.1 build doesn't actually contain these fixes since it currently just consumes the 3.7.1 'common' bundles...
>
> Instead of trying to figure out the delta, couldn't we just create the branch for those bundles directly from the 3.7.1 branch?

I am not sure I understand, Dani. Did you mean just branch bundles X, Y, Z and leave the rest of the repository alone? Could you clarify?

Branching is a repository-level operation in Git, you cannot just select an arbitrary file or folder and branch it.

Regards,
Remy